Due to growth we are adding a Manufacturing Engineer to our team. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for evaluating and improving plant efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness. This is accomplished through both plant-wide and cell-specific projects that focus on product flow, process reliability, quality issues, and labor/machine efficiency. The deployment of Lean and or Cellular principles will attain these objectives, as well as ensure that adequate operating and safety procedures are in place throughout the plant. This position also plays a critical role in the development and control of new processes and procedures on the manufacturing floor.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate & direct plant-wide improvement projects including but not limited to plant/cell layout, equipment purchases, procedural updates, development of build to order (BTO) processes, development of new manufacturing process, etc.
- Facilitate team –based continuous improvement activities ( kaizen, equipment purchases, SMED activities)
- Develop and maintain manufacturing routings and OMS instruction sheets. Document process improvements through revisions of routings, bill-of-materials, OMS sheets, etc.…
- Develop capital expenditure proposals, including return-on-investments analysis and alternative options proposals. Coordinate delivery and installation of equipment within the cells
- Purchase expensed shop supplies, tooling, small assets, and gauge equipment to ensure the production of high-quality product within a safe and efficient cell environment
- Drive innovation through research of industry trends and new technology
- Train production operators in the use of cellular principles to ensure a high level of timely performance and a reduction in waste.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent discipline
- 3 to 5 years of related experience, preferably in a cellular manufacturing environment
- Trained in use of LEAN and cellular principles familiarity of basic accounting principles, such as Capital Equipment Justification, Make/Buy decisions, etc.
- Facilitator training is desirable.
- Problem-solving skills are required.
- Blueprint reading skills and previous use of measuring equipment is mandatory.
- Awareness of OSHA and ISO-9000 standards
- Experience in tool & fixture design and the ability to analyze & resolve machining and tooling issues is desirable
- Knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting capability is a plus
- Experience with plastic injection molding is a plus